Fairytale monumental farmhouse on the Rhine
If you turn off from the Rijksstraatweg in the direction of De Opslag, the landscape will change drastically. Where one moment you were in the middle of the village of Elst (UT), you are now in the beautiful scenery that can be called the floodplains. An indescribable tranquillity will take hold of you here and you will be left with nothing but amazement at this fantastic place.
Whether it is winter, autumn, spring or summer, again and again a natural spectacle will show to you. Every day a different view over the landscape, the sky and the meandering river that flows by nearby and with ships that pass by on their way to their destination. The rustling of the reeds and the leaves on the tree, the low-flying geese on the water, everything here is dominated by the outdoors at the water's edge. Your dream destination has been reached here, at this monumental farmhouse 'Rynzigt'.
This beautiful farmhouse, built in 1801, has a rich history. For example, this place used to be used as a place of transshipment of goods that were brought in from the river. In those days, part of the farm was also used as a café and therefore as a collection point where goods were traded. The authentic historical details are still beautifully visible in various places.
Around the year 2000, the house underwent a thorough renovation. For example, the exterior masonry was tackled, the window frames and windows were renewed and the entire roof was renovated and provided with insulation.
With almost 3,000 m² of land area, space, tranquility and privacy are guaranteed. Are you the new owner of this rare farmhouse and can't wait to get started?
Year of construction approx. 1801
Method of construction Traditionally built, gable roof covered with tiles.
Insulation Roof insulation and double glazing.
Living area approx. 288 sq.m.
Capacity approx. 1,983 m³
Plot size approx. 2,945 sq.m.
Through the side and front entrance of the farm you enter the central corridor. At the front there are two rooms. On the one hand you will find the upstairs room with wooden floor and the still authentic bed towns. Under the upstairs room you will find a food cellar. On the other side is the living room with concrete floor and patio doors to the garden. Both rooms have a wood stove. The living room adjoins the dining room through en-suite doors and the upstairs room has middle en-suite doors connected to a bedroom.
Behind the dining room is the kitchen. This has a wooden floor, patio doors, 4-burner stove, sink, Inventum boiler and original water pump. The various rooms on the ground floor are all equipped with sliding or tilt windows with double glazing.
In the part is a small bathroom with a toilet and shower. For the rest, the spacious part remains largely original with authentic grup- and horse stables.
From the hall you reach the staircase on the first floor above the farm. This spacious attic is still entirely to your liking to divide into suitable bedrooms and / or offices. With newly installed skylights and two roof caps, this is a lovely bright attic floor.
The large plot around the house has decorative clinkers. There are beautiful trees and a lovely lawn. The two barns behind the farm are in need of renovation. On the side of the farm is a wooden deck, where you can enjoy the view over the floodplains.
- The farm has been designated a national monument.
- The choice of notary is reserved for the seller.
- There is no sales questionnaire or list of items available for this property.
- The deed of sale will also include an age clause stating that, in view of the year of construction of the house, the requirements that may be imposed on the quality of the building are considerably lower than for new houses.
- The house needs to be modernised, but offers many possibilities both inside and outside.
- The seller explicitly draws attention to the fact that he did not actually use the sold property himself and that he cannot therefore inform the buyer of characteristics of/faults to the sold property that he would have known if he had actually used the sold property himself. Such properties and/or defects will be at the risk and expense of the buyer. This has been taken into account when determining the purchase price.