The amazing historical country estate “’t Barge” is located at the edge of Eefde, constructed in 1903, consisting of a manor, gardener house, farm(shed), a playhouse, tennis court and greenhouses, on a plot of over 12 acres.
The entire complex with surrounding park has been designated as National Monument and has been a family possession for 120 years.
The area is classified as estate under the Nature Conservation Act 1928 and is not open to the general public.
The detached manor was built in the style of the transition architecture. Particularly remarkable is the beautiful detailing such as the decorative carved cornice with a beautiful stylized pinnacle in the middle and the windows flanked by persiennes.
Hidden diagonally behind the main house, hidden between the rhododendrons, you can find a beautifully built playhouse. The object stands out thanks to the luxurious use of material and the sophisticated detailing such as the carved barge board with stylized middle beam.
The gardener house is located at the south-eastern side, constructed shortly after 1903 and also an example of the transition architecture in the same style as the manor.
The oldest part of the estate is also located in the vegetable garden: the estate takes the name ‘t Barge from this originally slightly more elevated 19th century farm of the hall house type.
This former farm is currently in use as a shed. Although no longer in use, the farm acts as an unmistakable link in the history of this complex.
The landscaping adjusted to the house is a design of the famous landscape architect L.A. Springer, where romantic elements like wavy flower beds and shrubs are combined with straight paths and a visual axis. Meandering paths through the forest with beautiful old trees lead to the vegetable garden with winter greenhouse and original cultivation trays.
-Basement: 3 basement areas with stairway to garden.
-Ground floor: entrance, tour portal, royal hall, wardrobe, toilet room, study, living room, conservatory and dining room, all with opening doors to terrace, kitchen diner, scullery with door to garden, intermediate chamber.
Landing stairs, landing, 5 rooms of which four bedrooms, of which 3 with door to balcony, 1 study with fireplace and door to balcony, 3 bathrooms, toilet. A lot of fixed closets, broom cupboard.
Royal front attic, 4 bedrooms, bathroom
Layout Gardener House
-Basement, provision cellar
-Ground floor: entrance, study with fixed closets, washstand and door to hallway with toilet, living room with wood stove, kitchen diner with door to garden, scullery with door to the outside, storage attic accessible through scullery.
-1st floor: landing, 2 bedrooms, bathroom with shower, toilet, fixed washstand.
-Attic: accessible through loft ladder
Currently in use as shed/garage
Destination plan historical country estate “’t Barge”
The central manor:
The central manor could be split up into 3 to 5 independent apartments, while maintaining the current external historical quality. The placement of a lift was taken into account for that.
The gardener house and the original farm both have a residential destination.
Surface area: 441m2
Surface area: 123m2
Surface area: 225m2
Plot surface area: approx. 13.1 acres.