This detached, thatched directorate villa, architecturally constructed by prof. ir. H.T. Zwiers architect in Haarlem in the luxurious style of the Amsterdam School, is located at a unique location in the municipality of Hollands Kroon. National monument ‘Villa Waterkeer’ was realised around 1927 to house Ir. J.A. Ringers, director-general of the Directorate-General for Public Works and Water Management (Rijkswaterstaat) and the family Lely, initiators, founders and executors of the Zuyder Zee Project.
The building is located at the southern side of the Westerlanderweg and looks out from the back side on the meadows of Westerlanderkoog, the Amstelmeer and in the distance on the Wieringmeer, reclaimed in 1930. The building is built on a square ground plot with a small extension at the left side and a more recent half-circular extension on the right. The building consists of two residential layers below a composite hipped roof, with the ridge direction running parallel to the Westerlanderweg.
The villa has the following layout and features:
Ground floor: covered entrance, vestibule 5 m², hall 13 m², wardrobe 3 m², toilet with washbasin 1.5 m².
Office/front room 21 m² with wall closet, conservatory 60 m², double doors to terrace, spiral staircase and mezzanine, living room 38 m² with fireplace with double seat, passage to dining room 25 m² with double doors to terrace, kitchen 12 m² with 6-ring stove with gas oven, extractor hood and dishwasher, scullery 18 m² with set-up central heating system and hot water supply. Washing kitchen 9 m², garage 16 m², hobby area 18 m² with loft with floor, approx. 18 m², basement 30 m².
First floor: landing 20 m² with arched recessed, toilet with washbasin, bedroom 14 m² with fixed washstand, bathroom 24 m² with duo bathtub in island, double washstands, shower with multiple beams, small balcony. Master bedroom 33 m² with bed on stage, terrace southwest 32 m² with amazing view on garden, meadows and Amstelmeer. Bathroom 9 m² with washstand, corner shower and wall closet, bedroom 13 m². Passage to balcony at location of mezzanine, spiral staircase and terrace.
Second floor: landing 8 m², loft room 22 m² with possibility of extra bedroom featuring dormer, storage 12 m², bedroom 13 m² with dormer, bedroom 17 m² with dormer.
Front area with driveway and exit and beautiful sheltered backyard with various terraces facing the sun.
- Construction year 1927.
- Living area 504 m².
- Content 2,170 m³.
- Plot size 3,625 m².
- Heating 2x Nefit Topline, cascade set-up, construction year 2008.
- Hot water supply 2x Sentry boilers 190 litres, construction year 2012.
- Almost entire house features secondary glazing windows.
- Floor heating in kitchen, garage and conservatory.
- Vestibule and hall featuring tile floors.
- Conservatory, living room and dining room as well as the master bedroom feature parquet floors with herringbone pattern.
- Air conditioning conservatory replaced in 2019.
- Sanitary on 1st floor done in Art Deco style.
- Entire building secured with forwarding, 2018.
- Airport ‘De Kooy’ at 10 kilometres distance.
- More than worth your visit!